2.28.2013

Appealing Colors & Hairstyles.

I'm all for color, don't get me wrong but once in awhile it's nice to take a step back and wear black or white or both. They create such a beautiful look alone that when paired together, I believe that they create something so stunning. The contrast just makes it so eye-appealing. This outfit was planned from the second I bought this black peplum top. The neckline on it made me feel that it should be in my closet immediately  It's so elegant and lovely that I just couldn't resist.  Next time I wear this shirt I'll have to invest in some white pants. I think that would look just lovely. 
 
I took pictures of this outfit the same day I took pictures of my last outfit post. I figured why not since I already had the outfit planned and set up in my closet. Today when I actually wore this outfit I changed my hair up. Instead of doing a basic ponytail I decided to do set of rope braided maiden braids. Essentially their the same thing as maiden braids except you use a rope braid [also know as a twist braid or unicorn horn braid]. I was inspired to do this after seeing Katherine McPhee's character in SMASH wear the maiden braids with fishtails. Since I can't fishtail though I decided to do rope braids. I posted a picture of the top of them on Instagram so you can take a peek here.

I' m Wearing:
Top: Sirens
Necklace: Sirens
Belt:  Stiches [off of a dress]
Pants: Garage
Heels: Famous Footwear
Run [feat. Katharine McPhee] by SMASH Cast on Grooveshark
P.S. Doesn't Katherine McPhee have the voice of a goddess!?
Love her! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I am jealous withe necklace you wore.
    Where did you bought that? I think I wanted to have that too.
    Anyway, you looked fab in that outfit.


    xoxo
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andie,

    My necklace is from a store that is based in Canada, Sirens . If you click on the hyperlink in the outfit details it will take you to their website!

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty look! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute outfit. Love the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black peplum with the white belt! So cute. I really need to try a black and white outfit soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit. I love the addition of the belt and necklace.

    I would love if you could stop by my blog and enter my latest giveaway!
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to the moon and back for reading my blog! Your responses make me smile.